Friday, January 3, 2014

Christmas in the Country Gift Exchange Reveal!

Happy Friday ya'll! I hope everyone had a fantastic Christmas and is having a great new year. I don't know about you all, but the holidays hit hard around here and now we are battling sub-zero temps which makes it a little hard to get out and about. But thankfully we were super blessed with some great Christmas presents (hello, new keurig!) to help keep us warm.


First of all, thank you so so so much to all of you who participated in the gift swap! It was a raging success - more so than Laurie and I could have ever imagined! Personally, I'm looking forward to doing it again next year and I hope some of you are as well! If anyone has any suggestions on how to make it better or run smoother please let us know - the more ideas the merrier!

And now, for the gift I received! I got the sweetest package in the mail from one Miss Darleen over at  The Farmer's Daughter . Darleen is in Oregon and sent me some local treats and managed to do it all while being very pregnant!



So... a little bit of a backstory - Darleen was planning on also sending me a bottle of her favorite local wine along with my chocolate, candies, and cow-pig - but unfortunately the shipping was outrageous so that plan didn't work out :( Guess I'll just have to figure out a way to get up to see her and drink my wine! 

As soon as I took these pictures, I tried out that raspberry candy - so delicious and tasted exactly like fresh berries - and those sea salt caramel chocolates. Let me tell you, I've tried a lot of chocolate in my life, and I'm not exaggerating one bit when I tell you that this was the most delicious chocolate I've ever ate in my whole life! I'm going to have to limit myself and may be begging Darleen to send me a steady supply, because now that I know about it my life will not be complete without it! 



Darleen also sent me the sweetest note and pig card - and her adorable son included a personal note as well! Made my day to see his little scribbles - I'm so glad you included his note Darleen! 


My package was sent over to Kalya Jo at Creek Side Ranch - hop over to her Facebook page to check out what she received here

Now comes the fun part! If you participated in the gift exchange, use the app below to add your blog to the linkup so everyone can check out what everyone else received - and who got who! If you have any issues adding your blog, send me an email and I'll try to help you out. After you add your blog - check out the others and leave some comments on the other blogs! Be sure to check back for a few days as more are added to see everyone's great gifts! 

And if you're curious as to who all participated in the swap - here's a complete list for you. Be sure to follow some new blogs and make some new friends! 

Link up your gift exchange post below!



17 comments:

  1. I'll go with you to get your wine! :o)
    Linking up is so fun, and it works so well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a plan! I should tell Darleen who ever can get to her first from our little group can get dibs on it! Thanks for participating!

      Delete
  2. I was bummed for you too about the wine, but figured that you would love what ever Darleen sent. Great post and the link up worked great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know! The whole project went fairly smoothly for the first time - now it will be a breeze next year since we will be experience ;)

      Delete
  3. The link up worked well!! Thank you ladies again for putting this together. It was so much fun! I can't wait to see what everyone received. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for participating and for stopping by Kelly! I'm glad everyone had so much fun!

      Delete
  4. Love that pig ornament! So cute, haha :)
    http://lipstickandtractors.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was a fun gift exchange, Ladies! Thank you for all the work you did to make it happen. I am in all the way for Christmas in the Country 2014!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Robyn for participating and sharing! We'll def keep you on the list for next year :)

      Delete
  6. Such a fun thing you girls pulled off! (LOVE that PIG!!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And me too :) She's going to find a permanent place in the house somewhere.

      Delete
  7. Those caramels seriously are the best!! Hoping my little guy will let me get my post done, it's only completely overdue! Thanks again to you and Laurie for organizing this! So much fun!! Has little miss piggie found a place in your home?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok came to add my link and couldn't find the link thingy! Let me know if I'm just blind! Thanks!!

      Delete
    2. Hey sorry! It closed up on me. I opened it back up, so you should be able to click on the "add your link" button now and add your post!!!

      Delete

I would love to hear what you have to think!